Tow Truck Theft Caught on Video
By: , Tow Squad News. Published on: Subscribe in a reader
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/agencyha/domains/towsquad.net/wp-content/plugins/facebook-button-plugin/facebook-button-plugin.php on line 379
Pair Used One Tow to Steal Another
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – A pair of thieves in West Palm Beach, Fla. were caught on security video last week using one tow truck to steal another. Police are investigating the crime.
According to the security footage from Panther Towing West Palm Beach, two men approached the property around 8 p.m. One man used a set of bolt-cutters on the storage yard’s fence entrance. Once cut through, he pulled back the gate, allowing the other man to pull a tow truck into the lot.
From there the two seemed to be targeting one specific piece of equipment, a 2011 tow truck valued at about $90,000. Apparently the theives disabled the onboard GPS shortly after leaving the property.
The vehicle was insured, but the owner fears it may take months before he’s reimbursed.
“It’s just heartbreaking,” says Panther owner Mohammad Ali, speaking with CBS-12 News. “It’s bad for me, it’s bad for my employees.”
The crime occurred in a largely-suburban section of West Palm Beach, and took less then ten minutes to execute.
Want to share your own story?
or call 888-603-2599.
- Like texting-while-driving, on-board computer systems can represent a dangerous distraction from the road.
- The widespread use of camera phones can inflate a single incident, and unfairly paint the reputation of an entire business.
- An annual gathering of motorcycle enthusiasts in St. Louis ensnared local police this week, resulting ultimately in two deaths, dozens of arrests and nearly ninety bikes towed.
- Tow owner in Penn. is suing local police chief, claiming his company has been denied tow work despite contract
- Towing companies could be facing new local guidelines from OH Supreme Court decision...