Wrecker Struck from Behind
By: , Tow Squad News. Published on: Subscribe in a reader
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/agencyha/domains/towsquad.net/wp-content/plugins/facebook-button-plugin/facebook-button-plugin.php on line 379
Both Drivers Hospitalized
KNOXVILLE, TN – A tow truck driver in Tennessee has been hospitalized after his vehicle was struck from behind by a pickup truck after it had stalled out in traffic. The driver of pick up was also taken from the scene by ambulance.
Elise Williams, 47, told police the sun was in here eyes as she turned onto North Illinois Avenue in the business district. Her dark red 1999 Ford Ranger struck the flatbed with enough force to almost sheer off her entire roof.
Charles Jones of Quality Towing had just returned to the cab of his wrecker when he was impacted. He had stalled out just moments before and had stepped out to investigate the problem. The 38-year-old resident of Oliver Springs was about to buckle up with the collision occurred.
The accident report lists that Williams was transported to Methodist Medical Center while Jones was sent to Parkwest Medical in Knoxville.
Williams was cited by police for not having proof of insurance.
Want to share your own story?
or call 888-603-2599.
- Like texting-while-driving, on-board computer systems can represent a dangerous distraction from the road.
- The widespread use of camera phones can inflate a single incident, and unfairly paint the reputation of an entire business.
- An annual gathering of motorcycle enthusiasts in St. Louis ensnared local police this week, resulting ultimately in two deaths, dozens of arrests and nearly ninety bikes towed.
- Tow owner in Penn. is suing local police chief, claiming his company has been denied tow work despite contract
- Towing companies could be facing new local guidelines from OH Supreme Court decision...