Towing Sweep at Minnesota State
By: , Tow Squad News. Published on: Subscribe in a reader
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/agencyha/domains/towsquad.net/wp-content/plugins/facebook-button-plugin/facebook-button-plugin.php on line 379
Streets Cleared For Snow Service
MOORHEAD, Minn. – On Wednesday the team at Ed’s Towing conducted a bit of a recovery dragnet at Minnesota State University’s Moorhead campus, in all removing 69 violation vehicles at the city’s request.
Nearly 40 other vehicles received warning notices but were not moved in the crackdown over new parking restrictions to accomodate snowplows. The city council designated a ‘snow removal district’ last Summer that covers nearly 120 blocks. Owners must clear their vehicles from one side of those marked streets at specified times, or risk its removal.
Wednesday was the first day those restrictions went into effect, and many drivers seemed caught offguard. For Thursday, the same rules apply to the opposite side of those same streets.
At Ed’s Towing, the operation was overseen by owner Nick Grossman, who had four full-time drivers working the location. His crew worked in sub-zero temperatures throughout much of the sweep, which lasted well into the afternoon.
The vehicles were removed to a city-owned lot with a storage rate of $10 per-day. Owners will also have to pay a towing fee of approximately $90.
Also effected were several students at Concordia College, also near the heart of downtown Moorhead.
Want to share your own story?
or call 888-603-2599.
- Like texting-while-driving, on-board computer systems can represent a dangerous distraction from the road.
- The widespread use of camera phones can inflate a single incident, and unfairly paint the reputation of an entire business.
- An annual gathering of motorcycle enthusiasts in St. Louis ensnared local police this week, resulting ultimately in two deaths, dozens of arrests and nearly ninety bikes towed.
- Tow owner in Penn. is suing local police chief, claiming his company has been denied tow work despite contract
- Towing companies could be facing new local guidelines from OH Supreme Court decision...