Lizard Lick Towing Returns Tonight
By: Erez Kanaan, Tow Squad News. Published on: Subscribe in a reader
Season 3 for Hit Show
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Tonight the third season of Lizard Lick Towing kicks off on truTV, formerly CourtTV. The series follows the on-the-job antics at a tow shop in North Carolina.
The actual shop, also called Lizard Lick Towing, is named after the small town they operate out of. Ron Shirley started his business there in 1998 with a single tow truck. A decade later, Shirley ran a 20-truck operation with a staff of 15.
Ron and his wife Amy were originally hoping to appear on a different reality show, Wife Swap on ABC. After a brief appearance on truTV’s All Worked Up, the network began developing a series for the couple and their co-workers.
Part of the appeal of Ron and Amy’s story is the unusual background each brings to recovery work. When the series debuted, Ron was the Mayor Pro-tem of Lizard Lick, as well as a budding TV evangelist. Amy is a competitive powerlifter who moonlights as a mortician.
Last season ended with some cliffhangers, including the suggestion that Shirley might sell his business. That led to speculation the show would return under new management.
The 3rd season premiere airs tonight at 10 p.m. on truTV.
- Like texting-while-driving, on-board computer systems can represent a dangerous distraction from the road.
- The widespread use of camera phones can inflate a single incident, and unfairly paint the reputation of an entire business.
- An annual gathering of motorcycle enthusiasts in St. Louis ensnared local police this week, resulting ultimately in two deaths, dozens of arrests and nearly ninety bikes towed.
- Tow owner in Penn. is suing local police chief, claiming his company has been denied tow work despite contract
- Towing companies could be facing new local guidelines from OH Supreme Court decision...