Wrecker Crash Among 2012 Web Hits
By: Erez Kanaan, Tow Squad News. Published on: Subscribe in a reader
Amazing Footage of Spectacular Fall
SCOTTSDALE, AZ – The dramatic footage of a tow truck being pulled down a Norwegian mountainside by the tractor trailer it was transporting proved to be one of 2012’s most popular online videos.
Viewed millions of times across several Youtube pages and similar video sharing sites, it first gained worldwide attention in early April. Due to the timing of the release, there was early speculation that it was an elaborate hoax. However the story was quickly confirmed by the BBC and other news outlets.
The video shows a disabled big rig being slowly towed near a steep cliffside. It slowly drifts over the icy roadway and quickly begins plummeting down the 200-ft. drop, pulling the tow truck over the side with it.
An unidentified driver makes a last minute escape from the wrecker’s cab just before the vehicle is lost. He was uninjured.
However, a driver in the tractor trailer did not escape the fall, but survived with several bone fractures. His truck had become stuck in the snow near Leirfjord, Norway when he called for assistance. Later he was reported as being in stable condition at an area hospital.
The video was widely shared throughout the year and quickly became a favorite among professionals inside the business.
Want to share your own story?
or call 888-603-2599.
- Like texting-while-driving, on-board computer systems can represent a dangerous distraction from the road.
- The widespread use of camera phones can inflate a single incident, and unfairly paint the reputation of an entire business.
- An annual gathering of motorcycle enthusiasts in St. Louis ensnared local police this week, resulting ultimately in two deaths, dozens of arrests and nearly ninety bikes towed.
- Tow owner in Penn. is suing local police chief, claiming his company has been denied tow work despite contract
- Towing companies could be facing new local guidelines from OH Supreme Court decision...