Tow Op Rescues Trapped Flood Victim
By: , Tow Squad News. Published on: Subscribe in a reader
TX Driver Stranded On Roof Of Vehicle
HOUSTON – Thanks to the swift thinking and speedy reactions of tow truck driver Archie Raines, a man’s life was saved last month. Due to heavy rains in Harris County and the surrounding areas, rising floodwaters had been plauging residents since Tuesday.
One of these residents, Isaias Diaz, was en route to work when he unintentionally piloted his vehicle into the surging currents on Longwood Trace.
Raines happened by at the perfect time. Diaz’ vehicle had taken on water at an alarming rate and he had nowhere to go but to roof of his car. Unfortunately for Diaz, he didn’t know how to swim and the vehicle was sinking fast.
Raines realized that time was short and, even though emergency crews were on the way, action had to be taken immediately.
Raines was quoted as saying, “the car was floating in the bayou, we couldn’t wait…”. Pulling his tow truck as close as possible, Raines dove in after the stranded motorist.
Diaz carefully made his way to the hood of his vehicle, and when Raines had him secured about the shoulders, they both made their way back to the tow truck. Raines then drove them to higher ground.
Unfortunately for Diaz, the posted signs and shouted verbal warnings of fellow motorists went unheeded, as his command of English was limited. Thankfully, the act of saving a life is the same in any language, and Archie Raines was able to respond.
Want to share your own story?
or call 888-603-2599.
- Like texting-while-driving, on-board computer systems can represent a dangerous distraction from the road.
- The widespread use of camera phones can inflate a single incident, and unfairly paint the reputation of an entire business.
- An annual gathering of motorcycle enthusiasts in St. Louis ensnared local police this week, resulting ultimately in two deaths, dozens of arrests and nearly ninety bikes towed.
- Tow owner in Penn. is suing local police chief, claiming his company has been denied tow work despite contract
- Towing companies could be facing new local guidelines from OH Supreme Court decision...