Thief Steals Camaro and Dog From Tow Shop
By: , Tow Squad News. Published on: Subscribe in a reader
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/agencyha/domains/towsquad.net/wp-content/plugins/facebook-button-plugin/facebook-button-plugin.php on line 379
Security Equipment Also Taken from Peoria-based Business
PEORIA, IL – The dog is named Bentley – a tan pitt bull that for the past two years has served as a watchdog of sorts for a tow shop in Peoria, Illinois . He was stolen sometime Sunday night along with a late model Camaro and much of the shop’s security equipment
He points out that other, more expensive vehicles were left untouched, along with other valuables locked in the office. The only equipment stolen was related to the shop’s internal security, including the DVR that stores the footage.
Billy Joe’s does some contracted work for local law enforcement. The Chevy Camaro was a 2010-model that had been brought in Saturday following an arrest by Peoria Police.
The shop’s storage lot is not visible from the street, so an impulse crime seems unlikely. A chain was cut at an entry spot, allowing someone to walk onto the lot then drive off with dog in tow.
Police are investigating among the few people known to be aware of the vehicle’s location at the time of the crime.
The motivation for stealing the dog remains unclear.
Want to share your own story?
or call 888-603-2599.
- Like texting-while-driving, on-board computer systems can represent a dangerous distraction from the road.
- The widespread use of camera phones can inflate a single incident, and unfairly paint the reputation of an entire business.
- An annual gathering of motorcycle enthusiasts in St. Louis ensnared local police this week, resulting ultimately in two deaths, dozens of arrests and nearly ninety bikes towed.
- Tow owner in Penn. is suing local police chief, claiming his company has been denied tow work despite contract
- Towing companies could be facing new local guidelines from OH Supreme Court decision...