SUV Plows into Recovery Scene
By: , Tow Squad News. Published on: Subscribe in a reader
Operator Just Feet From Impact
MIAMI, Florida – Two tow truck drivers in Dade County, Florida escaped injury Sunday when a Mercedes SUV slammed into a recovery scene in broad daylight.
Miami Fire and Rescue say the towing professionals working the scene had a second tow truck on hand providing traffic safety assistance. Despite this, the Mercedes carrying two adults and two children, crashed into the scene.
According to a report by KPLG-News, the unidentified operators were retrieving a disabled BMW along I-95-North. The minivan bypassed the first truck and its driver, then struck the rear of the wrecker servicing the BMW. The impact sent the truck spinning into open lanes of traffic, with much scattered debris.
According to police, the driver operating the lift of the BMW was standing just feet away from his truck when the collision occurred. He and the other operator were injured in the impact.
Three of the minivan occupants, a woman and two children, were treated at the scene for minor scrapes and bruises. The male driver was transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital and is listed in stable condition.
An investigation into the accident is underway by the Florida Highway Patrol.
Want to share your own story?
or call 888-603-2599.
- Like texting-while-driving, on-board computer systems can represent a dangerous distraction from the road.
- The widespread use of camera phones can inflate a single incident, and unfairly paint the reputation of an entire business.
- An annual gathering of motorcycle enthusiasts in St. Louis ensnared local police this week, resulting ultimately in two deaths, dozens of arrests and nearly ninety bikes towed.
- Tow owner in Penn. is suing local police chief, claiming his company has been denied tow work despite contract
- Towing companies could be facing new local guidelines from OH Supreme Court decision...