Runaway Van Slams Into NJ Tow Truck
By: Erez Kanaan, Tow Squad News. Published on: Subscribe in a reader
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/agencyha/domains/towsquad.net/wp-content/plugins/facebook-button-plugin/facebook-button-plugin.php on line 379
One Killed, One Injured In Collision
HACKENSACK, NJ – A towing operator in New Jersey was injured Monday when a runaway van struck his parked truck at a high speed, killing the van’s driver.
Tow truck operator Christopher Milles was taken to Hackensack Medical Center with unspecified injuries. Milles, 25, told police his vehicle was parked and idling at the time of the impact. He works for Dynasty Towing out of Oakland.
The van’s driver, Henry Shuart of Franklin Lakes, was in a work vehicle at the time of the accident. He was driving a 2004 Chevrolet for Service Maintenance Corporation along northbound Route 208 when the incident occurred.
Shuart, 68, was transported to St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center with severe but unspecified injuries. He was later pronounced dead.
It is unknown what caused the van to suddenly veer off the road. Franklin Lakes Police are investigating.
Want to share your own story?
or call 888-603-2599.
- Like texting-while-driving, on-board computer systems can represent a dangerous distraction from the road.
- The widespread use of camera phones can inflate a single incident, and unfairly paint the reputation of an entire business.
- An annual gathering of motorcycle enthusiasts in St. Louis ensnared local police this week, resulting ultimately in two deaths, dozens of arrests and nearly ninety bikes towed.
- Tow owner in Penn. is suing local police chief, claiming his company has been denied tow work despite contract
- Towing companies could be facing new local guidelines from OH Supreme Court decision...